Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

The Simple Machine Challenge


A few days ago Rooms 7&8 were with Mr.Hendricks to observe a little challenge. His challenge was to lift someone up with his thumb. He came out with a weight and a block of wood. We carefully watched as he turned both objects into a seesaw. Later on Joshua stepped on it then Mr.Hendricks pushed the wood down with his thumb. What was really doing the magic was the fulcrum. The fulcrum gives the wood ease to come down. That day we learnt that simple machines can do a ton of work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia orana Alicia,

I enjoyed reading your sum up of the fantastic time on Friday. When I was watching Mr Hendricks lift Joshua with his thumb I was really amazed because I thought it couldn't be done. Did you have hope that Mr Hendricks would actually be ablt to lift sonmeone with his thumb?

Unknown said...

Someone* Sorry

Unknown said...

Kia ora Heather,

Yes I would indeed but unfortunately he can not because his thumb is not strong enough. I too was amazed by what my eyes saw before me!

Unknown said...

Kia ora Heather,

Yes I would indeed but unfortunately he can not because his thumb is not strong enough. I too was amazed by what my eyes saw before me!

Post a Comment