Pages

Sunday 16 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day #1 Activity #1

Today I discovered some unique and amazing facts about the country I proudly come from - Aotearoa. However, since I had to pick only three, these are my chosen facts.

1.  The Auckland City Sky Tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere at 328 meters high.

2. 30% of the country is forest.

3.  The most popular films in the country include ‘Once were Warriors’, ‘The Whale Rider’, ‘The Piano’ and the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.

I believe that these facts are pretty cool considering it involves our small country.

Image result for new zealand land

4 comments:

DX said...

Malo e lelei Alicia,
your three fun facts are better than they seem. Your first fun fact reminds me about the time I traveled to the very top of the sky tower. Not the very top but the top level. If you could pick one more fun fact, which fact would it be?

Unknown said...

Bula DX,
Thank you for your awesome feedback on my first post for the SLJ. If I could pick one more fact of all, it would have to be the fact that only 5% of New Zealands population is human. Crazy right? Also, is there any places of the country in which you would like to visit?

Alicia

Izzy SLJ said...

Morena Alicia

I’m Izzy and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team reading your blog posts over the holidays. It must have been so hard picking your top three facts. I really like the ones that you decided to share with us.

I love all the New Zealand films that you mentioned. I once watched all the the extended versions of Lord of the Rings in one sitting. It took over 9 hours! What is your favourite New Zealand movie?

Can’t wait to read more from you.

Thanks,
Izzy

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Izzy,
Thank you so much for your awesome feedback on my blog! If I could pick one New Zealand movie it would have to be hunt for the wilderpeople! The comedy was well scripted! What is your favourite NZ movie?? I'd love to hear!

Alicia:)

Post a Comment