Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

WLJ Day 6 - Native Aotearoa

Activity 1:

Oh no it’s that place called New Zealand,

I think I want to go to Ireland!

Why are those people drawing on them,

Wait, is that even a tattoo pen?

Ughh what am I going to do here,

I hope we don't have to hunt for bears!

Activity 2:

1. On the 24 - 25 of june 500 elders were brought to the Te Papa museum to hold a festival. They all sang in Maori about Matariki and all of it’s legends. Woah! What a night to remember!

2. On the 16th of June Te Papa had their very first ritual. It marked the begining of the Matariki rising.

3.  Maori and non Maori people discussed at Te Papa how the world has been seen differently by different cultures.

Bonus Activity:

In my opinion here is first, second and third




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Alicia
I really enjoyed your poem it gave me chills. My favourite part was when you wrote " Why are those people drawing on them, wait, is that even a tattoo pen. " How did you get your ideas from in the poem?
Anyways, Great Job

jolie said...

Kia Ora Alicia

Fantastic work! I enjoyed reading youre post my activity was the poem. I liked youre poem because I could visualise every moment. Keep up the great my friend:)

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia!

Ha! I really like your poem, I love that you have added a little bit of humour and talked from the perspective of wanting to go somewhere else. Have you ever been to Ireland? Or do you want to go in the future?

Nicky :)

daniel said...

Hello Alicia
Your poem about being the first person to arrive at Shag point is great. Keep up the excellent work.
Daniel

Unknown said...

Namaste Vedel,
Honestly I really don't know where those ideas came from they must have just popped up in my mind!

Unknown said...

Bula Nicky,
To be honest I wouldn't want to go to Ireland personally because I would like to travel to other places before Ireland like America or South Korea something like that. But it probably would be a nice experience!

Post a Comment