Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

NZ Fern Tree

About the story:
This story is clearly about NZ Native trees such as the Silver fern tree.One of my favourite facts in  the book is that there are about twelve thousand fern species worldwide,and around 200 species in NZ! Isn't that cool?! Well let me tell you much more on the next page….


Facts about the Silver fern tree:
1.About half of all NZ ferns are endemic.


2.Ferns consist of leaves called fronds,a rhizome, and roots.


3. The Fern life cycle consists on two stages.
The sporophyte and the gametophyte.


4.  Ferns are vascular plants-they posses xylem and phloem.


5. The black tree Fern is NZ’s tallest tree Fern.


6. The largest ground fern in NZ is the king Fern.


The reason why I liked the book:

The reason why I like this book is because the tree is not just because It's my favourite tree,It is also from where I come from:New Zealand!


Ferns in the Future:

I think Ferns will succeed in the future even when I’m not around!Thank you for looking at my google presentation!

Screenshot 2015-08-14 at 11.55.19.png



the stor

0 comments:

Post a Comment