Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day #2 Activity #1

Accodring to the SLJ, this is the largest Kauri tree. It is actually called Tane Mahuta which means lord of the forest. Today I will tell you why I do not wish to visit this tree.

One of the reasons as to why I don't want to visit Tane Mahuta is because I have seen many trees in my lifetime. I know this sounds immature in a way but I have seen more than a dozen trees. This tree may be a wonder to talk about and to look at which is why I have picures online and experiences from other people that I know. I strongly believe that this tree does hold a ton of  importance but not enough to gravitate me towards.

5 comments:

Lee SLJ said...

Kia Ora Alicia,

Really interesting to read your reasons for not wanting to visit the tree! I understand what you mean, you write really convincingly. I have a question, if you were in the area and you had the chance to visit, would you do it?
I have seen Tane Mahuta, and I enjoyed it.
Enjoy your blogging,
- Lee

Unknown said...

Hello Lee,
Thank you for commenting on my blog once again and here is an answer to your question. Of course I would visit if I were in the area. I wou7ld quickly get the chance to learn new things IF I were in the area! I am also glad that you had enjoyed visiting the Tane Mahuta! What other trees can you list that are endemic to Aotearoa? I'd love to hear from you again! Blog ya later!

Alicia:)

Lee SLJ said...

Hi Alicia,

I can list two right off the bat, pohutukawa (our christmas tree!) and rimu. I'm sure there are many others, do you know them?

Have fun blogging,

- Lee

Unknown said...

Annyeonghaseyo Lee,
Actually I don't really know many trees that are endemic to NZ!I'll have to find out during the school holidays! Also, thank you so much for being so kind during this fun SLJ! Have a good day!

Alicia:)

Lee SLJ said...

Thats great Alicia,
Sure, have a look during the holidays. There are a lot!

Enjoy your day too,
Lee

Post a Comment