Pages

Friday 7 July 2017

Day #1 Activity #1 - Pure New Zealand

1.  4.4 million people are standing upon New Zealand. There are about 69% of Europeans, 14.6% are native Maori, about 9.4% are Asians and 6.9% are Maori Pacific Islanders.Also, Hamilton and Christchurch which are the two of the main cities is where a majority of kiwis live.

2.More than four hundred years ago the Maori travelled thousands of miles across the unnamed Pacific Ocean and then became the first habitats of New Zealand (Aotearoa) 

3. There is so much coast line which make kiwis love the water and to camp.It's also been loved to kayak,yacht and windsurf and row. They can also climb plenty of mountains like the famous and most active climber Edmund Hillary who climbed up the highest mountain in the world Mt.Everest.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,

I really like the way you added in lots of information. I really enjoyed reading your facts. keep it up, I cant wait to read more

Unknown said...

Kia ora Alicia and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme! We are so happy that you have chosen to blog with us this holiday.

Like Limiteti, I too really like the way that you have provided us with so much information. It is clear that you did a lot of reading on the Tourism NZ website. It's quite amazing to me that we have such a large population here in New Zealand who live in the north island of the country in cities like Auckland, Wellington and Hamilton. Did you know that approximately 1/3 of all kiwis live here in Auckland?

I can see that you've already completed a number of other activities and will enjoy reading your posts over the next few days. Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Alicia

I like how you gave me so much information. Sadly I did not comment because I was finishing my blogs. I am very sorry for not commenting on this post. But I am here to make up for that.

I like how you gave me alot of Information. I did not know that we had so much people here in New Zealand. Even though the Winter Learning Journey is over, please make sure to keep up the amazing work :)

daniel said...

Hi Alicia
My name is Daniel and I am from Panmure Bridge school. Great job on finishing your first winter learning journey activity. Keep up the good work.
Daniel

Post a Comment