Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Day 3 - Wild eyes

Winter Learning Journey Day 3

Activity 1:

The bird that I have chosen is the Kea. The Kea is a very large species of parrots. Their scientific name is Nestor notabilis. A majority of the Kea have been found in the south island of New Zealand. They are actually specifically about 46cm long.

Activity 2:
I definitely strongly believe that New Zealand should be pest free in order to protect our precious birds. The more pests that come, the more native birds get killed.It is heartbreaking to see the fact that our birds have to starve because of these pests that ruin our trees. It is also heartbreaking to see that the mother birds have to grieve because the pests eat their eggs. I really do think that this needs to stop.

Bonus activity:

Screenshot 2017-07-10 at 17.45.30.png

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Alicia!

It's great to see you have been so engaged with the Winter Learning Journey and I hope you have enjoyed learning a little more about NZ as you go! I know I have!

Well done on completing these activities and thank you for helping us learn more about the Kea! I have never seen a Kea in real life so knowing it is normally around 46cm long helps me to picture what it might look like and how big it is. I wonder what colour it is or what kinds of things they eat? Do you know?

Also, I hope you had fun doing the missions on the Wild Eyes website and well done for uploading your picture of you Moa - I love the colours you have used!

Ka pai Alicia! I look forward to seeing more of your blog over the holidays!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,

the more facts that you gave me the more I was being persuaded. I'm now thinking that we should keep pest out of NZ! I loved reading your writing, I can't wait for more. Keep up the great work!

daniel said...

Hello Alicia
Good job on these activities. The facts you included about the Kea are great. Keep up the good work.
Daniel

Post a Comment