Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Day #2 Activity #1 - New Zealand by Land and Sea




I learnt that Dargaville has interesting history to it so I wanted to know more about it. I found out that Maraes are everywhere around this river. I also learnt that the person who established the township was Joseph McMullen. In the 1870's they did gum digging and kauri felling. Kauri gum is used to make plenty of things like statues and jewellery. From all the learning about Dargaville I think I would visit again!

The place that really stole my eyes was Karekare beach. The beautiful sunset and the smooth sand looked really pretty. Also that facts about this beach makes it very memorable. It would be a really good place to have a picnic and I would definitely like to go in Summer. This beach is not only a popular one  it is a beautiful and extraordinary beach that everyone should experience going to.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia....
I like how you learnt lots about Dargaville and the interesting history behind it. Maybe you could try and define what the Maori words are just to make it more understandable for other people who don't understand Maori. Overall I really like your post today and hope to see more like this. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,

I really liked reading your post because half of the things that you mentioned I didn't even know. I cant wait to read more.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Alicia

I love youre work!. Its nice to see my friend learn some new facts about dargaville. I am so excited to read more of youre blogs.

Unknown said...

Hey Alicia!

Thank you for providing us with extra information about Dargaville! It's interesting to know more about the places we've been visiting!

I like how you ended with the recommendation that everyone should experience Karekare beach! It sounds like you really enjoyed it and would take any chance to visit!

Nicky :)

daniel said...

Hello Alicia
Good job on this activity. I also chose Karekare beach. It would be the perfect place for: swimming, surfing or picnics. Well done.
Daniel

Post a Comment