Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Matariki - Reflections over the past 6 months

Over the past 6 months of being year seven, I have made improvements not only in learning areas but in outside areas. It’s like me transforming from a scared puppy to a powerful german shepherd.

This year I am doing road patrols. It isn’t my first year though I started two years ago. I really do enjoy helping little kids and big kids cross the road every mornings because it makes me feel happy that I am making sacrifices to help people or even save their lives.

When sports camp training started every Thursdays and Tuesday I didn’t think that there  was a point of going. I thought I would probably get told that I am not fit enough. I started to run a little bit faster after the first training and stepped up my pace with some of my friends. I also started waking up a 6:30 and walking to school at 7:15 in the cold. Now I am attending all practices. I have not missed one yet though. I can say to my family that I can do training and I can keep up with others. I hope that within the next few months I can run faster around the netball court.

In reading I have accelerated better than before! While reading I used to probably achieve easy goals but never big ones. When I did reading last year I got above the standard but I wanted to do better. I started to read the story that I would get and read it over and over again to find, select and retrieve information. I also started to listen more to the teacher and I used my imagination to picture something in a text. Now when I do reading I find it easier to find information. I moved from a 4B to a 4A. Now that I have accelerated in reading I can say to myself wow I might grow better than Petuana! . I am over the moon ecstatic about the results and I hope to do even better in next 6 months time


In writing I have not quite accelerated but I’m still happy with the results. During the year I achieved a score of 4P and this term I got 4B. Even though I am above standard I really wanted to get a 4A. I am now working harder and harder so I can get  a better score next term but I can definitely say to myself that I can improve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment